Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Homemade Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabars



When I first discovered Larabars, I was amazed at how short the ingredient list was.  Not only that, but I could actually understand what the ingredients were. My personal rule with any packaged food is that if I don't know what an ingredient listed on the label is, I don't eat it. 


Most energy/health bars are highly processed, filled with added sugar, high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, food dyes, and so much more. These bars on the other hand, are made with just a few, wholesome ingredients. 


These bars are so simple, you can make them at home. Making them at home is more economical, and in my husband's opinion, much tastier. 

I'd have to agree, these taste SO much better than the packaged ones! All you'll need is a food processor, and these 3 ingredients:

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of dates
  • 1/2 cup of peanuts (mine were salted, but if you use unsalted peanuts, add a pinch of salt to the mix)
  • 1/3 cup of dark chocolate chips (or chopped dark chocolate)
Instructions:
  • Put all of the ingredients in a food processor.


  • Pulse for 1-2 minutes, or until the ingredients form into a dough ball.
  • Press the mixture into cling wrap (or parchment paper) lined pan. 


  • Chill in the freezer for an hour.
  • Cut into bars, and wrap them individually in cling wrap.


That's it! These bars taste SO good, and make a perfect snack to take on the go. They're also a much healthier substitute for dessert. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment